This is a Non-surgical technique that lifts and tighten sagging skin tissues by inducing collagen production fine, absorbable PLCL or PDO threads into the subcutaneous layer of the skin using small cannula/needles.
Thread lift is a revolutionary new treatment in the world of aesthetics, but PLCL threads themselves are the newest and most superior type of absorbable sutures used in non-surgical face lifting than older type of sutures like PDO and PLLA.
When used as an aesthetic treatment, there are a few things you should know.
- First, it mechanically results in instant skin lifting. Second, it contracts fat tissue to result in instant skin tightening. Third, it promotes collagen production and neo-vascularization to renew your skin at the cellular level. All of this works together to give you enhanced skin texture, fewer fine lines and wrinkles, and more elastic skin.
- Definisse Threads are a line of synthetic monofilament (L-polylactic acid and caprolactone, p(LA-CL)) notched sutures indicated when tissue support is needed.
The notches in Definisse absorbable support threads are designed to provide an immediate lifting effect, as well as a delayed lifting effect through fibrosis along the thread.
- Definisse Threads absorbable support sutures are composed of a mixture of L-polylactic acid and caprolactone. A tensile test conducted on Definisse Threads versus PLLA and another type of commercially available PLLA-co-PCL support threads showed that Definisse Threads were approximately twice as strong as the other support threads tested.
- Definisse Threads resorbable support threads show greater elasticity and lower plasticity than p(LA) support threads, as indicated by measurements of percent maximum deformation and percent recovery after application – removal of load.
- Definisse Threads were more affected by wear (maximum force of -23% for 23cm threads and -14% for 12cm threads). The maximum strength decreased by 10% for PLLA threads and by 9% for the other PLLA-co-PCL threads tested.
MINT PDO threads is the only FDA approved threads in the market.
*Used to threat nose and neck region as well as for brows lift
Below are before and after pictures
One of the best things about this treatment is it only takes 15 to 30 minutes. After that, you’re free to go back to work or whatever else you had scheduled for the rest of your day.
How long the threads last depends on a number of factors, including the thickness of the threads, the quality of the threads and your body’s rate of metabolism. However, most of our clients find that the threads have dissolved within six to nine months. Some results of the treatment, such as skin lifting and some of the contouring effects, are visible immediately after treatment. In fact, your skin may look tighter when you walk out of our office than it will a week later.
The final results of your thread lift will be seen within one to two months of your treatment. How long it takes you personally depends a lot on your age. Your age is one of the leading factors in how quickly your body produces new, healthy collagen. Collagen is the protein responsible for plumping up your cheeks, filling in fine lines and smoothing out wrinkles. Therefore the results could lasts up to 2 years.
Beauty is always an inside job that is ours alone to nurture & live into. External beauty is an added bonus & almost always reflects the inner beauty at the heart of each person. Dr. Juliah reflects that inner beauty to all who walk through her doors.
SIMPLE, AFFORDABLE AND MOST OF ALL, SAFE